Friday, January 3, 2014

Broken Windshield Scraper Salvaged for a Shop Bench Brush

I had a favorite windshield scraper finally break on me earlier this winter and just hadn't got around to tossing it. It was a favorite because it had the brass scraper blade and I hate the plastic ones.

So I was cleaning out the truck and saw the  broken scraper and picked it up to toss it in the trash when I realized it has a brush attachment that is still in perfect condition.

Well, Dollar Tree sells the shop brushes for, well, a Dollar, but free beats the pants off a Dollar(plus the Governor's cut) any day of the week, so back into the garage for some minor modifications.

 Broken Scraper
 Broken Scraper getting prepped for a trim. Not shown is the trusty miter box saw I'm planning to use to cut off the remnant of the scrapper blade.
And the final trim job!

I firmly believe that there are never quite enough bench brushes running around my garage and this one has a longer handle than the typical ones I see for sale. At any rate there's one more for the shop and I saved another George Washington for more important endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment