Friday, January 3, 2014

Tin Cans Reused in the Garage

I needed containers in the garage and there in the bottom of the trash can was a fresh batch of empty tin cans from making vegetable soup. So I grabbed up a few and headed to the garage for a quick makeover.

 As usual I have to paint my stuff to make it look 'complete'. This is a standard 15.5 oz can.
 Here's another standard sized can.
 I mounted the blue one to a speaker magnet stuck to the column of my drill press.
 The red one became my pen and pencil holder on my project workbench.
 This one is a tomato juice size, 64 oz, I believe.
 Using it to hold my soon to be growing push stick collection at the table saw. I later glued a speaker magnet to the trolly and placed the can on it for more stability.
 A group of smaller cans. The two on the left held mushrooms. The next two are older 6 oz tuna cans, and the last one I suspect was a sardine can. The little ones are convenient to use in a tool chest drawer and the like.
Here's two others that I drilled holes in to hang on the pegboard. The one on the left has art brushes in it and the right one has toothbrushes.


No comments:

Post a Comment