Thursday, January 2, 2014

Painting Table out of an Ironing Board

My neighbor was going to toss an ancient ironing board awhile back, and I sweet talked it out of him.  I now have an improvised painting table that I can do quick painting jobs on without worrying about the overspray from the rattle cans I use.

Because it has holes in it already I can also hang parts from the edge of the ironing board to get a better squirt on the part.

 Here is the board set up to shoot some shelf brackets. No, I didn't actually shoot paint this close to my bikes! Outside with that, Magoo!
This is the label on the ironing board.  The address predates zip codes and it says something  about the fair trade contract price. I can only assume the ironing board is older than the mid-Sixties.  It needed a little straightening here and there plus it will require a spot weld where a weld is broken, but this thing is made like a tank!

I also like the ability to fold it up to put it way.  This saves floor space when it's not in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment